Sunday, April 17, 2011

When things come together...

3 things came together in my head this morning... rather a shock I must say..

(1) Friends of mine have been working on a project about leadership with heart. I liked the idea but was not comfortable with some of it and could not figure out my position towards this initiative.
(2) Read something about personal branding: Asking yourself 3 questions. Who have I been, who am I being now, and who do I want to be. Have been rolling those around in my head and some clarity has been coming around logicial, analytical, problem solver - who had heart, then lost it on the way in terms of answering the who have I been ...
(3) HBR arcticle on Mc Namarra (Head of World Bank, Sec. of Defense during Vietnam war, head of Ford for a while...) and how he was known for his facts and data approach and the lessons he learned in his life... that people are not logical decision makers, you have to take into account the non-logical, and have empathy for your enemies/others.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Not ready to say how this crystallizes... but it is becoming clearer.

No comments: