Saturday, December 3, 2011

Rambling thoughts from Australia...

I am really gratefull to have been invited and to have been able to do this trip with my sister-in-law. Great experience all round and I met some fantastic people (in our group and in Australia!).
  • Learning about other cultures is RICH if one is open (I really enjoyed learning about the aborigonal culture).
  • The east is where it is at! Singapore is a solution place, not a problem place... If I was younger... I might want to work there for a few years (although it would be hard to ski tour from there...).
It does seem possible to combine a relaxed approach to work and productivity/value creation.

 
It is hard to take in Australia:  It is huge, it is really different, yet sometimes it is really similar to what we know.  We get lulled into thinking we know it!

 
The young person's working VISA is a great idea!  Wish I had taken advantage of something like this when I was young.

 
Bad health (at least the impression of it) does not disappear when one has a state run health system.. 

 
I was surprised at how EXPENSIVE Australia appeared to me.

 
I think we should all travel around the world as part of our education...  that would be a good part of globalisation. 

 
All airline staff should be made to travel on Singapore Airlines in Economy Class and then compare that experience to their own service... 

 
    

No comments: